Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe!

Looking for an easy meal your family will love? Look no further!! This Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe is sure to please! It’s really a cross between Chicken and Dumplings, Chicken stew and Chicken Pot Pie! Add your own personal touches like peas, carrots, potatoes or even mushrooms to make it your own!!

20 Comments

1. Sally Hoffman says:

This was deliciious! The dumplings had to cook 1 hour to get done though. Very yummy!

2. I tried this thanks to my friend, Cheryl, telling me about it & it was DIVINE. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

3. This was really amazing! My whole family loved it!

4. Thanks for sharing and especially the step by step pics! This recipe looks so yummy I had to share it on my blog: http://our-scott-spot.blogspot.com/2011/08/fun-find-friday-dinner-ideas.html

5. What size crockpot did you use? I have a 5 qt. Thanks!

6. Anonymous says:

This was yummy, the only problem I had was it wasnt very ‘soupy’.. I added more broth to the left overs, and I think thatll help.

7. Can hardly wait to try this — sounds so delicious!

8. This comment has been removed by the author.

9. Thank you for the recipe, I tried it and LOVED it :)

10. Mine should be ready in about an hour! I can’t wait.

11. This is comfort food at its finest! Really, I love chicken and dumplings but in the crock pot made it so easy! Another poster mentioned having to cook the dumplings for an hour and that is what I found as well! Maybe it depends on the crock pot?

12. I have to use my crockpot several times a week since I work full time and have little ones to look after. So I am always looking for recipes to help keep dinners interesting. We loved this – I made it two days ago and planned to take some for lunch the following day but there was none left..

13. Anonymous says:

I loved this, but as another person commented, we had to cook the dumplings much longer than 30 minutes. We had ours in for an hour and still they were not done all the way. Otherwise …. I loved it and cannot wait to make it again! Thank you.

14. We love this recipe & make it often. I also agree that the dumplings need to cook longer than 30 minutes! We always add carrots to add flavor & vegetables!

15. Anonymous says:

Love this recipe! Dumplings definitely needed to cook longer than 30 minutes. The only problem is, I can’t get the recipe again because your new site is down!!! Please bring it back!! Thanks!!

16. Anonymous says:

I am having trouble accessing your new site also. Will you be putting the recipe up again?

17. I love this quick recipe, and I add the large egg noodles to my chicken & dumplins. After I cook everything, I cook egg noodles in a pot alone. Once done, I add the noodles to my chicken & dumplins to soak up the chicken broth, I always have alot of broth left. Then when it all cools, I put in the freezer one day. The next day it taste so much better because the seasoning goes all through the foods. It is thick and delicious.

18. Anonymous says:

The link to this recipe is broken:”This page can’t be displayed”

19. Anonymous says:

Anybody save this recipe? I can’t open the link.

20. Anonymous says:

Someone posted it to their blog at this website. http://lifewithba.blogspot.com/2011/11/chicken-and-dumplings.html